Friday, April 3, 2009

Form & Content 5



The article I chose this week was from a recent copy of Wallpaper Magazine, a design lifestyle magazine. They had a special Fashion edition that caught my eye, and I had never read this magazine before. The article I chose was titled "High Life" which discussed Andre Balaz's newly designed and built hotel in New York City. The article talk about the design asthetics and amenities throughout the modern design.

I like how the interior photo of the lobby takes up most of the page and bleeds off of the edges. What originally caught my eye was the distinct white line that leads the reader's eye up into the room. The outside view of the building seems very industrial compared to the dramatic decor inside. The text of the article is short, but set very well on the page. It is easy for the reader to read through, and the title of the article is short and gets the reader's attention. There are no flashy fonts or colors and the title is thin and represents the decor of the hotel itself. I liked this page layout a lot. It was simple enough, while being interesting at the same time by the actual layout of the photos and text.

1 comment: